Students may apply online or they may print a copy of the application and submit it by mail.
Click to apply online>
To apply by mail, download the paper application and fill it out. Then send your completed application and all additional paper work to the Senior High School.
Butler Senior High School
Attn: Vogeley Scholarship
120 Campus Lane
Butler, PA 16001
Click to download the paper application>
A Letter to the 2020 Applications
The Theodore K. Vogeley Memorial Scholarship application is due on Wednesday, April 15, 2020. Due to our school closure, you can submit the application online or you can mail it to the Senior High School.
After the Vogeley Scholarship Committee meets to review the applications, the committee will communicate to all applicants their status regarding an interview.
Please follow the General Instructions on the Vogeley application. Double check that you have included the following materials before turning in your application.
- Acceptance letter from the college/university you plan to attend.
- Signed statement of educational and vocational goals and objective (essay).
- Copy of parent/guardian's most recent 1040/1040A form.
- Cost sheet on official letterhead from your college/university for (1) tuition, (2) fixed fees, (3) room and board, and (4) books. Note: If your college does not have the rates for next year, ask for this year's rates. If you cannot obtain this information directly from your college/university, print it from their website or from the College Board's website.
- A copy of grants/scholarships awarded.
We will take care of submitting a copy of your transcript.
1. Applicant must be a graduating senior of Butler Area Senior High School, who has applied for or has been accepted at an accredited college, university, or community college in a transfer program.
2. A letter of acceptance from the post secondary school the applicant plans to attend must accompany the application.
3. The applicant must provide from the college on official letterhead the total fees per semester including:
- Fixed fees
- Room and board
This information must be submitted annually until completion or termination of education.
4. Eligibility for renewal of scholarship requires that the student maintain his/her school's academic standards. It is the student's responsibility to contact their institution annually and have their school submit the total cost for the following year as well as a statement of the student's academic standings to the Vogeley Scholarship Committee.
5. This is a four year scholarship. The scholarship will provide tuition, fixed fees, school-sponsored room and board, and books. It will not cover expenses for additional education such as summer school, foreign travel, internships, etc. unless unusual circumstances presented to the Vogeley Committee warrant pre-approval of the additional work as part of the normal year program. Transfers to another institution should be pre-approved by the Vogeley Committee.
6. Deadline for the application to be returned -- April 15.