Below are sports offered during the Fall season. Click on the sport to be directed to the sports webpage.
FALL SPORT REGISTRATION
||June 15 - Aug 7
||August 7, 2019
The registration window will be open through the dates shown above. Please note: All requirements must be completed and submitted to the Athletic Office by the due date of the registration period.
- Register Online at Familyid.com - Fill out the registration in its entirety. Your child is the PARTICIPANT. Select only the sport that your child will be trying out for during the season. If your child decides to participate or tryout for another sport after you completed the registration, you can always go back into your account and edit the sport (or call the Athletic Office at 724-214-3232 and we can make the change for you.) *NOTE: To complete the registration, you must press the green SUBMIT button. If you fail to do this, your registration will not be complete.
- Section 5&6 Physical Forms - These forms are available to download for your convenience. Section 5 (Health History) form is to be completed in its entirety by the Legal Parent/Guardian and signed by BOTH the parent and child. Section 6 (Physical Evaluation) form is to be completed by a licensed physician of medicine, a certified nurse practitioner, or a physician's assistant before you begin to practice for your first sport season for the same academic year. Both Sections 5 & 6 must be turned in to the Athletic Office prior to the first practice or tryout. *Please note that the physical form (Section 6) must be completed and dated on or after June 1, 2019.
- Payment of Athletic Fee ($75) - The Athletic Fee of $75 must be submitted to the Athletic Office along with Sections 5 & 6 prior to the first practice or tryout. The Butler Area School District will only accept cash or check (made payable to BASD or Butler Area School District) at this time. REFUNDS: If your student-athlete does not make the team, a refund may be requested in writing or by email and submitted to the Athletic Director. Include the parent name, address, athlete name, and reason for refund. Refer to the refund instructions located on the Athletic Office Website for approved reasons for a refund.
Click here to request an athletic fee refund
FALL Tryout Dates, Time and Locations
Start/Tryout Dates, Times and Locations are subject to change. Please check back closer to the start date for your sport.
ImPACT TESTING (Concussion Testing)
Cheerleading Testing Dates
- May 21 | SHS Library | 3:00-4:00pm
- May 22 | IHS Library | 3:00-4:00pm
- May 23 | Middle School Computer Lab | 4:00-5:00pm
Open Test Dates for any athletes for the 2019-2020 school year
- May 29 | IHS Library | 3:00-4:00pm
- May 30 | IHS Library | 3:00-4:00pm
- May 30 | SHS Library | 3:00-4:00pm
- June 4 | Middle School Computer Lab | 4:00-5:00pm
- June 5 | Middle School Computer Lab | 4:00-5:00pm
**Please note - You must sign up for the open test dates to ensure your spot on test day in either the Athletic Department, any of the Athletic Training rooms/with the Athletic Trainers, or in the Middle School Office. If the test session is filled on the day you attend without prior signing up you will not be able to test, if there are slots still open we will allow you to test. If you have any questions please email Sam Kaiser at email@example.com. If you are unable to attend testing in May/June we will be testing again in August prior to heat week and tryouts. All students trying out for a "contact" sport next year will need to have a valid ImPACT Test on file with the Athletic Trainers prior to any official practices or competitions.
**An ImPACT Test is valid for 2 years. - - Check with the Athletic Trainer if you are not sure if your child has a valid ImPACT Test on file.