Below are sports offered during the Fall season. Click on the sport to be directed to the sports webpage.
FALL SPORT REGISTRATION
||June 15 - Aug 7
||August 7, 2019
The registration window will be open through the dates shown above. Please note: All requirements must be completed and submitted to the Athletic Office by the due date of the registration period.
- Register Online at Familyid.com - Fill out the registration in its entirety. Your child is the PARTICIPANT. Select only the sport that your child will be trying out for during the season. If your child decides to participate or tryout for another sport after you completed the registration, you can always go back into your account and edit the sport (or call the Athletic Office at 724-214-3232 and we can make the change for you.) *NOTE: To complete the registration, you must press the green SUBMIT button. If you fail to do this, your registration will not be complete.
- Section 5&6 Physical Forms - These forms are available to download for your convenience. Section 5 (Health History) form is to be completed in its entirety by the Legal Parent/Guardian and signed by BOTH the parent and child. Section 6 (Physical Evaluation) form is to be completed by a licensed physician of medicine, a certified nurse practitioner, or a physician's assistant before you begin to practice for your first sport season for the same academic year. Both Sections 5 & 6 must be turned in to the Athletic Office prior to the first practice or tryout. *Please note that the physical form (Section 6) must be completed and dated on or after June 1, 2019.
- Payment of Athletic Fee ($75) - The Athletic Fee of $75 must be submitted to the Athletic Office along with Sections 5 & 6 prior to the first practice or tryout. The Butler Area School District will only accept cash or check (made payable to BASD or Butler Area School District) at this time. REFUNDS: If your student-athlete does not make the team, a refund may be requested in writing or by email and submitted to the Athletic Director. Include the parent name, address, athlete name, and reason for refund. Refer to the refund instructions located on the Athletic Office Website for approved reasons for a refund.
Click here to request an athletic fee refund
- ImPACT Test - All student-athletes must have a valid ImPACT test on file with the Athletic Trainer's office prior to the first official practice or tryout. ImPACT Tests are valid for a period of two years. NO ATHLETE WILL BE PERMITTED TO TRYOUT OR PRACTICE UNLESS THIS IS COMPLETE. ImPACT Testing Dates will be announced on the News & Announcements tab. ImPACT Testing dates will be scheduled for August 2019. Please check back under news & announcements to see available testing dates. - Contact the athletic trainer with questions.
FALL Tryout Dates, Time and Locations
- JV/VARSITY FOOTBALL | August 5th | Football Stadium | 10:30am-1:30pm
- (Equipment Pass Out | August 1st | 12-2pm)
- 9TH FOOTBALL | August 5th | Football Stadium | 5-8pm
- (Equipment Pass Out | August 1st | 5-7pm)
- 7th/8th FOOTBALL | August 14th | Intermediate High | 5:30-8:30pm
- (Equipment Pass Out | IHS | August 13th | 5-7pm)
- GIRLS VARSITY VOLLEYBALL | August 12th | SHS Gym | 8-11am
- GIRLS JR HIGH VOLLEYBALL | August 19th | SHS Gym | 3-5:30pm
- BOYS JV/VARSITY GOLF | August 12th | Hilands | 8am
- GIRLS VARSITY GOLF | August 12th | Hilands | 1pm
- GIRLS JV/VARSITY SOCCER | August 12th | IHS Soccer Field | 7:30-8:30am & 2-5pm
- GIRLS JR HIGH SOCCER | August 19th | IHS Soccer Field | 4:30-6:00pm
- BOYS JV/VARSITY SOCCER | August 12th | IHS Soccer Field | 7-8:30am & 9:30-11am
- BOYS JR HIGH SOCCER | August 19th | Downtown Athletic Field | 5:30-7:00pm
- GIRLS VARSITY TENNIS | August 12th | SHS Tennis Courts | 12:00-3:00pm
- VARSITY CROSS COUNTRY | August 12th | Outside SHS Gym | 4:30-6:30pm
- JR HIGH CROSS COUNTRY | August 19th | Outside SHS Gym | 4:30-6:30pm
**START TIMES AND LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE SO PLEASE CHECK THIS LINK CLOSER TO THE START DATE FOR YOUR SPORT**
FALL ImPACT TESTING (Concussion Testing)
Times and dates are listed below. If you cannot make your teams time slot please email Sam Kaiser at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have multiple kids that are testing at different times let me know and I can accommodate for them to come at just one session. There is no need to sign up for your session just show up at the indicated time. If you need to check and see if your child needs to take the ImPACT Test this year email Sam Kaiser. The athletic trainers are out of the office for the summer so testing will not take place any earlier than listed below. Any other questions please email Sam Kaiser. Thank you.
All Testing is at the IHS Library. Testing is for all levels (V, JV, JH). Testing takes about 30-45mins.
Football: August 1st 9am-1130am. Please arrive sometime within the time frame
Football: August 5th 9am-11am. Please arrive sometime within the time frame
Girls Soccer: August 6th 930am
Football: August 6th 11am
Volleyball: August 6th 1230pm
Boys Soccer: August 6th 2pm
Makeup Date: August 8th 9am @ Intermediate High School | Room 225