Below are sports offered during the Winter season. Click on the sport to be directed to the sports webpage.
WINTER SPORT REGISTRATION - REQUIRED!
||October 1 - November 13
||November 13, 2019
The registration window will be open through the dates shown above. Please note: All requirements must be completed and submitted to the Athletic Office by the due date of the registration period.
- Register Online at Familyid.com - Fill out the registration in its entirety. Your child is the PARTICIPANT. Select only the sport that your child will be trying out for during the season. If your child decides to participate or tryout for another sport after you completed the registration, you can always go back into your account and edit the sport (or call the Athletic Office at 724-214-3232 and we can make the change for you.) *NOTE: To complete the registration, you must press the green SUBMIT button. If you fail to do this, your registration will not be complete.
- Section 5&6 Physical Forms - These forms are available to download for your convenience. Section 5 (Health History) form is to be completed in its entirety by the Legal Parent/Guardian and signed by BOTH the parent and child. Section 6 (Physical Evaluation) form is to be completed by a licensed physician of medicine, a certified nurse practitioner, or a physician's assistant before you begin to practice for your first sport season for the same academic year. Both Sections 5 & 6 must be turned in to the Athletic Office prior to the first practice or tryout. *Please note that the physical form (Section 6) must be completed and dated on or after June 1, 2019.
- Payment of Athletic Fee ($75) - The Athletic Fee of $75 must be submitted to the Athletic Office along with Sections 5 & 6 prior to the first practice or tryout. The Butler Area School District will only accept cash or check (made payable to BASD or Butler Area School District) at this time. REFUNDS: If your student-athlete does not make the team, a refund may be requested in writing or by email and submitted to the Athletic Director. Include the parent name, address, athlete name, and reason for refund. Refer to the refund instructions located on the Athletic Office Website for approved reasons for a refund.
Click here to request an athletic fee refund
- ImPACT Test - All student-athletes must have a valid ImPACT test on file with the Athletic Trainer's office prior to the first official practice or tryout. ImPACT Tests are valid for a period of two years. NO ATHLETE WILL BE PERMITTED TO TRYOUT OR PRACTICE UNLESS THIS IS COMPLETE. ImPACT Testing Dates will be announced on the News & Announcements tab. ImPACT Testing dates will be scheduled for August 2019. Please check back under news & announcements to see available testing dates. - Contact the athletic trainer with questions.
ImPACT TEST- REQUIRED!
All students trying out for a winter sport need a valid baseline prior to tryouts. The testing schedule is as follows:
- November 5 | IHS Room 225 | 2:45PM
- November 6 | IHS Room 225 | 2:45PM
- November 7 | IHS Room 225 | 2:45PM
- November 13 | SHS Library | 2:45PM
- November 14 | SHS Library | 2:45PM
Email Sam (Kaiser) Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your child needs to test or to sign up for a specific date. Sign-up sheets will be available in the athletic trainers offices starting October 22.
WRESTLING WEIGHT ASSESSMENT- REQUIRED!
Anyone interested in wrestling this year 7th-12th grade has to complete the weight assessments. Weight assessments are being held at IHS on Tuesday October 29th and Thursday October 31st at 3pm. There are no sign ups for this just attend, preferably Tuesday so if you need to re-test you can test again on Thursday. Make sure you are hydrated. Start drinking water over the weekend, do not wait until the day of the test to start drinking water. Any questions please contact Kelly Black, email@example.com.
WINTER Tryout Dates, Time and Locations
Start/Tryout Dates, Times and Locations are subject to change. Please check back closer to the start date for your sport.
1ST PRACTICE DATE/TRYOUTS-NOVEMBER 18th
BOYS VARSITY BASKETBALL- SHS GYM - 3-5:30 PM
GIRLS VARSITY BASKETBALL – SHS GYM – 5:30—8 PM
VARSITY RIFLE – SR HI RIFLE RANGE – 3-5:30 PM
VARSITY SWIMMING/DIVING – SR HI POOL – 3-5:30 PM
VARSITY WRESTLING – IHS WRESTLING ROOM- 3-5:30 PM
GIRLS 7th & 8TH BASKETBALL – MIDDLE SCHOOL GYM – 5-7 PM
BOYS 7TH GRADE BASKETBALL –IHS GYM – 3-5 PM
BOYS 8TH GRADE BASKETBALL– IHS GYM –7-9 PM
BOYS 9TH GRADE BASKETBALL – IHS GYM – 5 -7 PM
BOYS JR HI WRESTLING – IHS GYM – 3– 5:30 PM
BOYS/GIRLS BOWLING – FAMILY BOWLAWAY – 3-5:30 PM
1ST PRACTICE DATE/TRYOUTS – DECEMBER 9th
INDOOR TRACK (grades 9-12) – STADIUM ANNEX – 3-5 PM
** ALL COACHES WILL INFORM ATHLETES OF PRACTICE SCHEDULE AFTER THE 1ST DAY**