Below are sports offered during the Spring season. Click on the sport to be directed to the sports webpage.
SPRING SPORT REGISTRATION
||January 21 - February 27
||February 27, 2019
The registration window will be open through the dates shown above. Please note: All requirements must be completed and submitted to the Athletic Office by the due date of the registration period.
- Register Online at Familyid.com - Fill out the registration in its entirety. Your child is the PARTICIPANT. Select only the sport that your child will be trying out for during the season. If your child decides to participate or tryout for another sport after you completed the registration, you can always go back into your account and edit the sport (or call the Athletic Office at 724-214-3232 and we can make the change for you.) *NOTE: To complete the registration, you must press the green SUBMIT button. If you fail to do this, your registration will not be complete.
**You must register your child each sports season on familyid.**
- Section 5&6 Physical Forms - These forms are available to download for your convenience. Section 5 (Health History) form is to be completed in its entirety by the Legal Parent/Guardian and signed by BOTH the parent and child. Section 6 (Physical Evaluation) form is to be completed by a licensed physician of medicine, a certified nurse practitioner, or a physician's assistant before you begin to practice for your first sport season for the same academic year. Both Sections 5 & 6 must be turned in to the Athletic Office prior to the first practice or tryout. *Please note that the physical form (Section 6) must be completed and dated on or after June 1, 2018.
**If your child already participated on a team this past Fall, you only need to submit the Section 7 Recertification by Parent form.**
- Payment of Athletic Fee ($75) - The Athletic Fee of $75 must be submitted to the Athletic Office along with Sections 5 & 6 prior to the first practice or tryout. The Butler Area School District will only accept cash or check (made payable to BASD or Butler Area School District) at this time. REFUNDS: If your student-athlete does not make the team, a refund may be requested in writing or by email and submitted to the Athletic Director. Include the parent name, address, athlete name, and reason for refund. Click here to request an athletic fee refund
**The athletic fee is required one-time per school year and covers all sports your child participates in during the school year in which it was paid.**
SPRING Tryout Dates, Time and Locations
Start/Tryout Dates, Times and Locations are subject to change. Please check back closer to the start date for your sport.
** ALL SPRING SPORTS START MARCH 4 --EXCEPT JR HIGH TRACK**
BOYS/GIRLS VARSITY TRACK – STADIUM ANNEX – 3:00-5:30 PM
BOYS TENNIS – SENIOR HIGH CAFETERIA – 3:00-4:00 PM
VARSITY SOFTBALL – SENIOR HIGH FIELD – 3:30-6 PM
JR HI SOFTBALL – SENIOR HIGH FIELD – 3:30 – 6 PM
JR HI BASEBALL – HIGHFIELD – 3:30 – 5:30 PM
VARSITY/JV BASEBALL – PULLMAN PARK – 3:30 - 6 PM
BOYS LACROSSE – STADIUM – 7:30-9:30 PM
GIRLS LACROSSE – STADIUM – 5:30-7:30 PM
BOYS VARSITY VOLLEYBALL – SENIOR HIGH GYM- 3:00 – 5:30 PM
BOYS JR HI VOLLEYBALL – INTERMEDIATE H.S. GYM – 3-5 PM
MARCH 11– BOYS/GIRLS JR HI TRACK – IHS GYM – 3 – 5:15 PM
*SHOULD WEATHER FORCE PRACTICE INSIDE THERE WILL BE ALTERNATIVE SITE AND TIMES ANNOUNCED IN EACH OF THE SECONDARY BUILDINGS
** ALL PHYSICAL FORMS MUST BE TURNED INTO ATHLETIC OFFICE BY FEB 28 TO BE ELIGIBLE TO TRYOUT ON THE FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE
ImPACT Testing Schedule
All students trying out for a spring sport need a valid baseline prior to tryouts. The testing schedule is as follows:
- Softball | February 12th | IHS Library @ 3:15pm
- Baseball | February 12th | IHS Library @ 6:00pm
- Boys Varisty Volleyball | February 13th | IHS Library @ 3:15pm
- Girls Lacrosse | February 14th | IHS Library @ 3:15pm
- Boys Junior High Volleyball | February 19th | IHS Library @ 3:15pm
- Boys Lacrosse | February 19th | IHS Library @ 4:30pm
- MAKE-UP DAY | February 26th | IHS Library @ 3:15pm
ImPACT Testing will start at the times listed. If you arrive late, you may not enter. Testing will take about 30-60 minutes. Coaches have a list of those that need to take the test.
Signup in any of the 3 Athletic Training rooms or contact Athletic Trainer, Sam Kaiser @ firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and concerns.