Registering for the 2019-2020 school year
If your child will be five years of age on or before September 1, 2019, it's time to start thinking about kindergarten registration for the 2019-2020 school year!
Please call your child's school as soon as possible to schedule your child's registration appointment. Registration dates and appointment times are below. You may make an appointment to register at any school at a time that is convenient for you, even if it is not the school your child will be attending.
March 6 | 4-6 pm | Connoquenessing | 724-214-4040
March 7 | 5-7 pm | Emily Brittain | 724-214-4200
March 11 | 4-6 pm | McQuistion | 724-214-3900
March 12 | 4-6 pm | Center Township | 724-214-3800
March 14 | 4-6 pm | Center Township | 724-214-3800
March 14 | 4-6 pm | Northwest | 724-214-4100
March 18 | 4-6 pm | McQuistion | 724-214-3900
March 19 | 5-7 pm | Emily Brittain | 724-214-4200
March 21 | 4-6 pm | Summit | 724-214-3880
Kindergarten Registration Check List
1) Please complete page one of the 2019-2020 kindergarten registration flyer as soon as possible. Invitations to Spring Into Kindergarten, Kindergarten Screening and Jump Start Kindergarten will be emailed to everyone who completes the form.
Click to download the flyer>
2) Please print and complete both the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet and the Nursing Packet, and bring the information with you to your kindergarten registration appointment. If you are unable to print the forms, you may pick up a copy at any of our elementary schools.
Click to download the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet>
Click to download the Nursing Packet for Kindergarten Enrollment>
3) In addition to completing both the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet and the Nursing Packet, please bring the following with you to your registration appointment.
- Your child's original birth certificate
- Your child's immunization records
- Two forms of proof of residency
Proof of the following immunizations must be presented before a child can enter school.
- Diptheria – 4 doses of toxoid, one dose given after age four
- Tetanus – 4 doses of toxoid, one dose given after age four
- Polio – 4 doses of vaccine (IPV or OPV), one dose given after age four
- Measles – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Mumps – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Rubella – 1 dose of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses of vaccine, 3rd dose must be given after 6 months of age
- Varicella – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered on or after first birthday or a doctor’s written statement of history of child having had varicella (chicken pox)
- Proof of lead levels in blood (new building requirement beginning January 1, 2008)
Proof of Residency
The following documents may be used as proof of residency within the Butler Area School District.
- Driver's license
- DOT identification card
- Current lease
- Current utility bill
- Current credit card bill
- Property tax bill
- Vehicle registration
- A deed
Kindergarten Registration Forms and Information