Registering for the 2021-2022 school year
If your child will be five years old on or before September 1, 2021, you need to register him or her for kindergarten if you have not already done so.
There are several options for submitting your child’s kindergarten registration information. You can submit your child’s paperwork in one of three ways.
- Drop it off at your child's school
- Mail it to your child's school
- Email it to the main office of your child's school
You only have to do one of the three options. More details about each one is included below.
What information and forms are required to submit my child’s kindergarten registration?
Please note that enrollment materials must include:
Drop Off Your Kindergarten Registration Packet
You may drop off your child's kindergarten registration paperwork at his/her school. The address for each elementary school can be found on the right (or below if you are using a mobile device).
Mail Your Kindergarten Registration Packet
You can also mail your child’s kindergarten registration paperwork to his/her school. The address for each elementary school can be found on the right (or below if you are using a mobile device).
Kindergarten Registration Timeline
Please note: Our timeline has been modified this year.
Begin the Process!
Complete the "Calling All 5 Year Old" form and return it to your child's school by February 1, 2021. Download the Kindergarten pre-registration form.
If you are not sure which elementary school your child will attend, please call or email our Transportation Department at 724-287-8723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet, which now includes the Health History/Nursing information, and submit that along with copies of your child's birth certificate, your child's immunization records, and two forms of proof of residency. You can mail this information, email this information or drop it off at your child's school. Please note: Since we are not hosting an in-person registration event this year, you will not need to send the original documents. Copies are fine. The kindergarten registration checklist can be found below.
Spring Into Kindergarten
Spring Into Kindergarten is a fun event for incoming kindergarten students and their parents/guardians. Students and parents/guardians will take a tour of their school and learn about ways to better prepare your child for kindergarten in the fall. Each child will go home with a gift bag full of tools they need to keep learning and growing all summer long. You will receive more information about this event as well as the dates and times after your complete your child's registration.
Kindergarten Screening is mandatory for incoming kindergarten students. This helps us ensure we are prepared to meet the needs of all of our students in the fall.
Learn more about Kindergarten Screening.
Jump Start Kindergarten
Kindergarten here we come! Jump Start Kindergarten is an opportunity for students to learn all about kindergarten, meet their teachers, see their classroom, take a bus trip and even check out the cafeteria. You will receive the Jump Start Kindergarten date and time over the summer.
Kindergarten Registration Check List
Please print and complete the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet. If you are unable to print the forms, you may pick up a copy at our district administration office or any of our K-4 elementary schools.
Click to download the kindergarten Enrollment Packet
In addition to completing the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet, please include copies of the items listed below.
- Your child's original birth certificate
- Your child's immunization records
- Two forms of proof of residency
Proof of the following immunizations must be presented before a child can enter school.
- Diptheria – 4 doses of toxoid, one dose given after age four
- Tetanus – 4 doses of toxoid, one dose given after age four
- Polio – 4 doses of vaccine (IPV or OPV), one dose given after age four
- Measles – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Mumps – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Rubella – 1 dose of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses of vaccine, 3rd dose must be given after 6 months of age
- Varicella – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered on or after first birthday or a doctor’s written statement of history of child having had varicella (chicken pox)
- Proof of lead levels in blood (new building requirement beginning January 1, 2008)
Proof of Residency
You will need two proofs of residency, one from each list below, to register your child for school in the Butler Area School District. The following documents may be used as proof of residency within the Butler Area School District. Please include a copy of one proof of residency from each list below when you submit your child's Kindergarten Enrollment Packet.
|Proof of Residency
|Proof of Residency
|DOT Identification Card
||Current Utility Bill
||Current Credit Card Bill
||Property Tax Bill