Registering for the 2020-2021 school year
If your child will be five years of age on or before September 1, 2020, it's time to start thinking about kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year! Click to view the flyer>
Please call your child's school as soon as possible to let them know your child will be starting kindergarten in the fall.
Center Township | 724-214-3800
Connoquenessing | 724-214-4040
Emily Brittain | 724-214-4200
McQuistion | 724-214-3900
Northwest | 724-214-4100
Summit | 724-214-3880
We will schedule registration dates for this spring. Stay tuned! The dates, times and locations will be posted here.
Kindergarten Registration Check List
1) Please complete page one of the 2020-2021 kindergarten registration flyer as soon as possible. Invitations to Spring Into Kindergarten, Kindergarten Screening and Jump Start Kindergarten will be emailed to everyone who completes the form.
Click to download the flyer>
2) Please print and complete both the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet and the Nursing Packet, and bring the information with you to your kindergarten registration appointment. If you are unable to print the forms, you may pick up a copy at any of our elementary schools.
Click to download the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet>
Click to download the Nursing Packet for Kindergarten Enrollment>
3) In addition to completing both the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet and the Nursing Packet, please bring the following with you to your registration appointment.
- Your child's original birth certificate
- Your child's immunization records
- Two forms of proof of residency
Proof of the following immunizations must be presented before a child can enter school.
- Diptheria – 4 doses of toxoid, one dose given after age four
- Tetanus – 4 doses of toxoid, one dose given after age four
- Polio – 4 doses of vaccine (IPV or OPV), one dose given after age four
- Measles – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Mumps – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Rubella – 1 dose of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses of vaccine, 3rd dose must be given after 6 months of age
- Varicella – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered on or after first birthday or a doctor’s written statement of history of child having had varicella (chicken pox)
- Proof of lead levels in blood (new building requirement beginning January 1, 2008)
Proof of Residency
The following documents may be used as proof of residency within the Butler Area School District.
- Driver's license
- DOT identification card
- Current lease
- Current utility bill
- Current credit card bill
- Property tax bill
- Vehicle registration
- A deed
Kindergarten Registration Forms and Information