Summer is still in full swing, but if you are looking ahead to the first day of school, here are a few things you can do now to be prepared!
First Day of School
The first day of school for students is on Tuesday, September 6. However, the Intermediate High School and Senior High School will have a soft start this year.
Elementary Schools (Grades K-5)
- All students in grades K-5 will start on Tuesday, September 6.
Intermediate High School Soft Start
- Grade 6: Sept. 7 - full day (No school on 9/6)
- Grade 7: Sept. 7 - full day (No school on 9/6)
- Grade 8: Sept. 6 - half day from 7:30-11 am (No school on 9/7)
Senior High School Soft Start
- Grade 9: Sept. 7 - full day (No school on 9/6)
- Grade 10: Sept. 7 - full day (No school on 9/6, except Vo-Tech students)
- Grade 11: Sept. 6 - half day from 7:37-11 am with Vo-Tech dismissal at 12 pm (No school on 9/7, except Vo-Tech students)
- Grade 12: Sept. 6 - half day from 7:37 -11 am with Vo-Tech dismissal at 12 pm (No school on 9/7, except Vo-Tech students)
- Vo-Tech students should report to Vo-Tech on September 6 & 7
Center Avenue Community School
- All Center Avenue students will start on Tuesday, September 6.
- 6th Grade Orientation will take place on August 23rd from 9-11 am at the Intermediate High School.
- 7th Grade Orientation will take place on August 24th from 9-11 am at the Intermediate High School.
- The IHS and SHS soft start will serve as an orientation for the other secondary grade levels. That is when students will have a chance to explore the building and walk their schedule, receive their devices, eat in the cafeteria and more.
Back to School Night
- Elementary (Grades 1-5): September 1 from 6:00-7:00 pm at your child's elementary school.
- Intermediate High School (Grades 6-8): September 14 from 6:30-8:30 pm at the IHS.
- Senior High School (Grades 9-12): September 15 from 6:30-8:30 pm at the SHS.
- Center Avenue Community School (Grades K-12): Family Fun Night -- September 22 from 5:00-7:00 pm at Center Avenue
Jump Start Kindergarten
- Kindergarten only: September 1 from 4:30-5:30 pm at your child's elementary school.
Elementary Supply List
The Butler Area School District 2022-2023 school supply list for grades K-5 can be found here. If you would like to print a PDF to take shopping with you, click here.
Teacher Assignments & Schedules
Teacher assignments will be mailed to elementary students (K-5) later in August. Secondary (6-12) schedules will be available in our Student Information System later in August. Thanks for your patience!
Federal funding for student meals at school is no longer available. Students who would like to eat breakfast and/or lunch at school will resume purchasing their meals for the 2022-2023 school year, unless they qualify for free/reduced meals. Read more and apply today!
With the upcoming school year quickly approaching, we would like to remind those families who submit child care and custody forms to the transportation office to do so as soon as possible. Click for more information and copies of the forms.
Transportation information including bus number, stop location and time will be mailed to families in late August. It will also be available in our Student Information System.
Senior High Parking Permits
The 2022-2023 Parking Permits will go on sale as follows:
- Monday, August 8th - 8am to 2pm
- Tuesday, August 9th - 8am to 2pm
- Thursday, August 11th - 8am to 2pm
You must enter through Door 22 at the Main Entrance. Permits will be on a first come first serve basis. Read more information to prepare for your purchase.
If you are interested in registering for BASD athletics, visit our athletic website.
Fall Sports Registration Information
Pennsylvania Public School Code, Section 14-1402(e), requires physical examinations for students upon original entry into school (kindergarten or new first grader), sixth and eleventh grades. Read more.
Pennsylvania Public School Code, Section 14-1403(a), requires dental examinations for students upon original entry into school (kindergarten or new first grader), third and seventh grades. Read more.
You can find copies of all health and wellness forms on our website. Click here to visit our health services page.
** If you are using a desktop or laptop, forms are located on the right. Look for "Forms" and then expand the menu (three horizontal lines). If you are using a mobile device or tablet, scroll down until you see "Forms" and then expand the menu (three horizontal lines).
If you are looking for a job that aligns well to your child's schedule, check out our open positions.
Food service positions are available through Aramark Student Nutrition.
New Student Enrollment
If you have not registered your child for kindergarten, please do so asap!! Click here for more information.
If your family is new to the district -- welcome! Visit our enrollment page for more information on how to register your children for school. Click for more information.