The Challenge Program, Inc. distributed financial awards to the underclassmen at Butler Senior High School for excelling in the areas of Attendance, Academic Improvement, Academic Excellence, STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) and Community Service during the 2017/2018 school year. The Program partners with businesses to motivate high school students to excel and introduce them to career opportunities in their own communities. XTO Energy was the partner of The Challenge Program, Inc. at Butler Senior High School last year.
The Challenge Program, Inc.’s mission is to build sustainable Business/Education partnerships while introducing students to careers in their communities. This partnership contributes to workforce and economic development by motivating students to develop the solid work habits required to succeed in school and in their future careers.
Butler students who received a Challenege Award include:
- Pavlog Victor Pawluck-Attendance
- Chad Meier-STEM
- Jenna Kriley-Community Service
- Beverly Bell-Academic Improvement
- Alyssa Hilliard-Academic Excellence
- Zachariah Elder-Attendance
- Allison Thomas-STEM
- Nevaeh Swain-Community Service
- Faith Talbot-Academic Improvement
- Miles Schaeffer-Academic Excellence
- Karen Matusic-XTO Energy