The Golden Tornado Scholastic Foundation, Inc. recently awarded over $20,000 to support Creative Teaching Grants. According to the GTSF, these grants fund teachers who go the extra mile to incorporate creative and innovative projects in the classroom.
Twelve projects were selected to receive funding from the GTSF. The projects include:
- Boats That Float – Intermediate High School, Allair DeVanney
- Transformative Flexible Seating – McQuistion Elementary, Christine Cupps
- BASD Fisheries Science Program – Middle School/Intermediate High School, Dave Andrews
- Co-spaces VR for Math Classrooms – Senior High School, Kristina Smith
- Ukuleles for General Music Class – Middle School, Alicia Erevia
- Empty Bowls – Middle School, Holly Wilson
- K-1 Makerspace Reboot Initiative – Summit Elementary, Cindy Michelini, Tanya Kriley, Julie Peles, Megan Erb
- Innovative Biotechnology in the Science Classrooms – Senior High School, Ben Klugh
- Young Authors & Illustrators – Center Twp. Elementary, Amy Maloy
- Play with Google Classroom Project – Intermediate High School, Leslie Sexton
- Bee-bots – Emily Brittain Elementary, Jeanie Cornell
- Teachers Learning and Growing Together: Lending Learning Library – Center Township Elementary, Tanya Lewis
"Congratulations to all of the teachers whose projects were selected! And, thank you to the Golden Tornado Scholastic Foundation, Inc. for their support," said Dr. Brian White, Superintendent. "Our students are fortunate to have these innovative learning opportunities thanks to the creativity of our faculty and generous support from the GTSF."