Dear Parents and Guardians:
Unfortunately, we experienced technical difficulties with the company that supports “SchoolCafe” today. Some students were unable to log in to the school lunch system, while others had inaccurate information in their account. Despite the difficulty, all students were offered food.
Our vendor is working with our technology team to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may notice or experience the following:
- Parents and students may not be able to login or access their SchoolCafe account.
- If parents are able to access their child’s account, they may find that the information is inaccurate.
Please do not attempt to add any money to your child’s account while we are working to resolve the issue.
We hope to have the system fully functioning by tomorrow. However, in the event that the situation cannot be resolved this evening, here is what you and your child can expect for breakfast and lunch tomorrow.
- First and foremost, no student will be denied food.
- If your child typically receives a free or reduced breakfast or lunch, it will be served to them and documented.
- If your child typically pays for lunch, they can either pay with cash tomorrow or let the cafeteria worker know their name and the cost of their selection will be documented and deducted from their account once everything is working again.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience as we work through this technical difficulty. We will let you know when the system is functioning properly again.
Brian Slamecka, Ed.D.
Butler Area School District