Dear BASD Families:
Try as I might to create a consistent plan for families, mother nature had other plans. Since today was a remote learning day, we will shift this Friday, February 5 to an in person day.
All students in grades K-6 should report to school in person for the rest of this week, including Friday, February 5.
All students in grades 7-12 should operate on their COHORT schedule for the remainder of the week. Since the White COHORT missed in person instruction today, they will report to school in person on Friday. Here is the COHORT schedule for the remainder of this week.
- Tuesday, February 2: Gold (A-K) COHORT
- Wednesday, February 3: White (L-Z) COHORT
- Thursday, February 4: Gold (A-K) COHORT
- Friday, February 5: White (L-Z) Cohort
We will also run transportation on Friday, February 5 for Vo-Tech students in the Gold COHORT. If your child is in the White COHORT and reporting to school in person, then he or she can ride his/her normally scheduled bus to and from school. If your child is in the Gold COHORT and learning remotely, the Vo-Tech bus details are below.
- Session 1 INBOUND: Students will ride their normally scheduled bus.
- Session 1 OUTBOUND: Students will ride the VoTech specific bus they signed up for.
- Session 2 INBOUND & OUTBOUND: Students will ride the VoTech specific bus they signed up for.
- Session 3 INBOUND: Students will ride the VoTech specific bus they signed up for.
- Session 3 OUTBOUND: Students will ride their normally scheduled bus.
Looking ahead, the voluntary closure plan is still the same for the remainder of the month. While we hope to be able to follow this plan to create a consistent and predictable schedule for families, the goal is also to maximize in person instruction for our students. Therefore, these dates are subject to change.
- Friday, February 12 -- Scheduled Act 80/Professional Development Day, no school for students
- Friday, February 19 -- Remote instruction, school buildings closed
- Friday, February 26 -- Remote instruction, school buildings closed
Thank you for your continued patience and flexibility.
Brian J. White, Jr., Ed.D.
Butler Area School District