Five corporate leaders from throughout the region visited Butler Senior High School on March 12 as part of the "CEO in the Classroom" program. Each of them shadowed a student for the day.
We were proud to welcome:
- David Morehouse, Pittsburgh Penguins, who shadowed senior Connor Bachman.
- David Motley, MCAPS, LLC, who shadowed junior Caitlin Rozell.
- Evan Rosenberg, Pittsburgh Business Times, who shadowed sophomore Mike Davis.
- D'Ann Swanson, Grable Foundation, who shadowed sophomore Chloe Paulisick.
- Nish Vartanian. MSA The Safety Company, who shadowed senior Chad Meier.
The shadowing experience is central to CEO in the Classroom, an initiative of the Allegheny Conference on Community Development in partnership with the Grable Foundation. The goal of the program is to gain unique insights about what and how students are learning, what resources they have available and how this might prepare them for future work.
We’d like to thank Mr. Morehouse, Mr. Motley, Mr. Rosenberg, Ms. Swanson and Mr. Vartanian for taking time out of their busy schedules to visit the Senior High School and engage with our students, faculty and staff throughout the entire day.
We’d also like to thank the Allegheny Conference and the Grable Foundation for making this unique experience possible for our students, faculty, staff and school district.
And, thank you to all the Senior High School administration, faculty, staff and students for making the day a huge success!
View photos from the day on Flickr>
Learn more about the program>
Watch the WPXI story>
Read Butler Radio Netowrk's story>
Read the Butler Eagle's Article>
Read the Pittsburgh Business Time's story>