May 15, 2020
Senior High School Students, Parents, and Guardians
The school closure across the state of Pennsylvania came with little time for students to gather their belongings from school, as we expected students to return at some point this spring. Likewise, students have needed materials from school such as textbooks and/or loaner laptops or iPads to be able to participate in their educational program. Butler Senior High School students will have the opportunity to obtain their belongings from school and to turn in any school property according to the schedule below. Please try to adhere to this schedule as we are trying to follow CDC guidelines for group sizes. This also means that when you arrive, you may have to wait outside briefly if there are already the maximum number of people in the building. Here are the assigned days, followed by a number of important points:
Thursday, May 28, 2020 (8 -3): Seniors last names A-M and their siblings
Friday, May 29, 2020 (8-3): Seniors last names N-Z and their siblings
Monday, June 1, 2020 (8-3): Juniors and sophomores last names A-G
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 (8-3): Juniors and sophomores last names H-O
Wednesday, June 3, 2020 (8-3): Juniors and sophomores last names P-Z
- Entry and exit on these days will be way of the 300 Wing door near the covered walkway so we can track the number of people in the building.
- EVERYONE entering the building MUST wear a mask and been temperature screened.
- Unless there are special circumstances, only students will be permitted in the building.
- Students should bring ALL school property to be turned in, including books, laptops, library books, band uniforms, athletic uniforms, etc. The only thing NOT to be brought in on these days are JROTC uniforms.
- Students will be able to clean out their lockers.
- Teachers have gathered any identifiable student belongings from classrooms. These will be available to be picked up as well.
- Students will be able to pay any obligations they wish to satisfy.
- Caps and Gowns will be distributed to Seniors on these days (however cords and medallions for Honors Graduates and Honors Graduates with Distinction will be distributed at the mini Commencement ceremonies).
Thanks for your cooperation,